Volunteering with the Austin History Center Association is a great way to get involved. A few hours now and then will make a big difference in the quality of events that raise the profile of the Austin History Center and the association. Some volunteer tasks call for physical strength while others require a flair for gracious hospitality, refreshment arrangements and conversation. If you like Austin history, and people who share your passion, fill out the form below to start a discussion about volunteering with the Austin History Center Association.
We need help with:
- EVENT SET-UP: Move books, move furniture.We need your strength and coordination.
- HOSPITALITY: Meet, greet and help attendees to refreshments
- MEMBERSHIP: Assist with promoting AHCA for membership and event attendance.
- WATERLOO PRESS: Tell event attendees about Waterloo Press publications, take cash, credit card payments.
- TEXAS BOOK FESTIVAL: Set up, assist with Waterloo Press sales and clean up. Typically held one weekend in October on Capitol grounds.
- FUNDRAISING: Assist with securing sponsors for events, activities and promotional materials.